2

Matt Moran's Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate mousse has been an all time favourite dessert of mine since as long as I can remember. I bought my mum Matt Moran's cookbook for christmas and thought I'd give his chocolate mousse a go. I've never made any sort of dessert from scratch and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it!

Ingredients
450grams dark chocolate (no more than 55% cocoa)
1 litre thickened cream
4 egg yolks
whipped cream, to serve

Method
Melt the chocolate in a very dry bowl over boiling water - make sure you don't let the water come in contact with the chocolate. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside for about 3 minutes to cool slighty.

In another bowl, whisk the thickened cream until soft peaks form.

Whisk the egg yolks into the melted chocolate, then whisk in half of the cream until well combined. Using a large metal spoon carefully fold in the remaining cream working quickly to retain the airy texture. Pour the mousse into 8 individual bowls or cups and place in the fridge for about 3 hours or until set. You can make this a day in advance if you like.

Serve with a bowl of whipped cream.


Bad lighting but you get the gist

All in all the whole process went extremely well!!! The only thing I would do differently would be to whisk the melted chocolate and cream for a little bit longer so it's smoother.



B

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hope you're having/had a lovely time!
I went to America last August and LOVED it.

Following x

Bron said...

Thanks for the follow! I got back Monday and had THE most amazing time, can't wait to go back!

Back to Top